Value Engineer - (Maternity Cover)
1 Ivanhoe Road, Hogwood Industrial Estate
Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 4QQ
Tel: 0118 932 4001
Airinmar is recruiting a Value / Warranty Engineer on an initial six month contract to provide maternity cover.
Airinmar specialises in the management of aircraft component repairs for airlines, manufacturers and MROs throughout the world by using its industry experience, knowledge and expertise to provide engineering, supply chain and business solutions that reduce the operating costs of its customers.
As an Engineer within our Technical Services department, the successful candidates will be working within the Value Engineering and Warranty disciplines. The role activities will include:
- Reducing cost of aircraft equipment repair through Value Engineering and Warranty Management.
- Assessing repair quotations for accuracy and identifying opportunities for cost reduction through rework options, correct material classification and use of used serviceable equipment.
- Assessing warranty rejections and liaising with suppliers in order to seek clarification when decisions are unjustified.
- Analysing repair records and producing periodic reports.
- Performing market research to identify cost effective component repair options.
- Working with other teams to support Cost Reduction Programmes.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with other Airinmar departments and suppliers.
- Applying continuous improvement to develop Airinmar’s processes, procedures and systems in order to improve the department’s overall efficiency and ability to meet the needs of the customer.
Candidates should hold a degree or HND/C in an engineering discipline and are expected to have good analytical, communication and problem solving skills, as well as competency in using MS Excel. We require candidates who have strong time management, great use of initiative and a passion for aviation.
We offer a competitive salary which is dependent upon experience. The package includes full on-the-job training and a contributory pension scheme.
Please send your CV with a covering message by no later than 30th September to:
Mrs Debbie Goodman, Airinmar Limited, Hogwood Industrial Estate, Finchampstead, Berkshire RG40 4QQ Or email to email@example.com