We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Services Engineer based at our Finchampstead site. This is a Full Time Permanent Position.
As an Engineer within our Technical Services department, the successful candidate will be working within the Value Engineering and Warranty disciplines. The role activities will include:
- Reducing cost of aircraft equipment repair through Value Engineering and Warranty Management.
- Assessing repair quotations for accuracy and identifying opportunities for cost reduction through rework options, correct material classification and use of used serviceable equipment.
- Assessing warranty rejections and liaising with suppliers in order to seek clarification when decisions are unjustified.
- Analysing repair records and producing periodic governance and performance reports.
- Performing market research to identify cost effective component repair options.
- Working with other teams to support Cost Reduction Programmes.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with other Airinmar departments, customers and suppliers.
- Applying continuous improvement to develop Airinmar’s processes, procedures and systems in order to improve the department’s overall efficiency and ability to meet the needs of the customer.
Candidates should either hold a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline or have relevant work experience in an aircraft maintenance organisation. Candidates are expected to have good analytical, communication and problem solving skills, as well as competency in using MS Excel. We require candidates who are willing to periodically visit customer sites, have strong time management, great use of initiative and a passion for aviation.
Candidates must also be able to prove their right to work in the UK.
Please send your CV with a covering message to:
Mrs Debbie Goodman
Hogwood Industrial Estate, Finchampstead, Berkshire RG40 4QQ